Approximately a billion people live a disability in the world. These range from intellectual disabilities to physical limitations that require the use wheelchairs and other devices to live on a day-to-day basis. Globally, persons with disabilities comprise the largest minority group in the world.
Barriers such as inaccessible buildings, programs that are not inclusive, and lack of disability awareness make it difficult for persons with disabilities to be engaged, productive members of their communities.
Global Abilities Foundation (GAF) addresses these barriers by:
- Helping communities improve accessibility of buildings and open spaces
- Partnering with organizations to develop inclusive employment, education, recreation, and other programs
- Helping healthcare providers, businesses, educators, and other organizations better understand and assist their employees and clients with disabilities
Global Abilities Programs
The Global Abilities Foundation (GAF) helps communities develop adapted recreation programs and special events to:
- Empower persons with disabilities to become more active
- Connect organizations to clients with disabilities
- Increase disability awareness in the community
Learn more >
Global Abilities conducts site assessments and provides recommendations to become compliant with the Architectural Barriers Act (ABA) and the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) Accessibility Guidelines.
Accessibility education and site assessments >
Global Abilities conducts disability awareness events at high schools, universities and healthcare organizations and companies to increase awareness and understanding of individuals with disabilities.
Learn more about our interactive presentations >